Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Can Has Girlfriend?

You may look at the title of this post and go "Damn, that's a dated and now stupid reference."

Yeah, that's how long I've been promising myself I would title my blog post this way when the event happened.

But anyway, hey guess what everybody, I have a girlfriend now! Whoa! Crazy! Amazing! 10/10 story! So much wonder and surprise! He did it folks, the end goal. The blog is finally done. We can stop following it!!!

No sorry, I'm not going to end it that easily. Although to be honest, I did once toy with the idea of ending my blog once I finally got a girlfriend. Nowadays, I've grown to like having it around for keeping people up with what's going on in my life if I can't talk to everyone regularly. Also, there's the whole "I'm not a whiny, lonely teenager anymore" thing going for me so I'm going to keep the blog around.

At any rate, I'm pretty happy right now. I don't know how I've kept this post from happening for a month (that's a lie, it's because I'm really lazy), but it's good to finally blog this news at long last. We actually have been a "couple" (god this post is already full of air quotes and parentheses this early X__X) in the more proper sense since mid August (like the 17th). I don't know if she has ever been in a relationship either, so it's like two awkward people trying to figure out something that neither of them know how to do. It's still cool. Our work schedules and the fact that she lives in another city mean that we can't see each other more than once or twice a week (recently we've been making time to see each other twice and we always spend the entire day together on Saturdays), but we talk every day so that's still good. It's really cool because at this point, I feel like I have enough of a social life here. I have friends from back home and we talk all the time, plus I have some friends here at work that I hang out with and now I have this girl who I talk to every day.

Hmm, what else can I say. I mentioned we met through my coworker because his wife and this girl are friends. He's also been able to give me a lot of advice on dating Korean girls since he's "beaten the game" so to speak. This girl actually lives in a town outside of Seoul that I was recommended to many times when I was applying for jobs here. In fact, over 50% of the places that I was recommended to were in her city. But of course, if I had wound up going there, I would have never met her. The funny thing is I chose my current city because my 3p1c map r34ding sk1lzz (read: shitty map reading skills) determined that this city was in a superior location to hers for viewing starcraft (so, so wrong. even before they switched locations to a place MUCH more convenient from her city (oh also there's the fact that I don't go watch starcraft live anymore anyway :/)). I also chose not to teach in her city because of the lack of convenient subway stops. Good thing I can't read maps to save my life because it turns out there are two very convenient ones. So if I had really read the maps right, I would have wound up in her city this year. Fortunately, I didn't and I came to this city instead. It allowed me to meet her and to be honest, it's made being here worth it. Plus a couple of the people (anyone that's not my partner) that I work with have been really cool.

Other stuff time though. I've been busy with the new semester staring up. It's been pretty mundane. My partner and I delegated the work better from the get-go this semester, so it's allowed us both to plan really far ahead. Both of us are planned out well past one month from now which feels really nice. It's allowing us to make more fun lessons since we have more time to prepare now. I've also been more properly added to the male staff soccer team. I got my jersey recently. It's pretty neat. Oh also I joined a gym near the school. It's not because of this girl (just something I've been meaning to do for a while and it happened to happen after I met her) although being her boyfriend is pretty good motivation to keep going all the time.

Other than that, not much is happening. Brandon (the teacher I work with who isn't my partner and isn't the econ guy. We hang out a lot on weekends when I'm not playing videogames or going on dates) and I are going to Beijing next week from Wednesday through Sunday. It's Chuseok (K-Thanksgiving) break, so we figured we might as well go somewhere cool while everyone goes home and all the good stores and stuff are closed for the holiday.

Around that, as always, feel free to set up a time to Skype with me. If you're in the League crew and you're reading this then you don't get a choice on talking to me, I'll just be online sometime whenever I get the chance.

Until next month, peace out!

No comments: