Friday, August 14, 2009

Another couple of weeks went by

Well summer sure is flying by. Now all my friends that are going to out of state colleges are leaving and I didn't get to see them and I won't because I leave tomorrow. Well oops, that's probably my fault that I didn't see people. I was just busy the whole time. If you remember my cool flowchart in the last major post, that has been my schedule up until Tuesday when my class ended. I'll just go down the list of things I've been up to I suppose.

School:
This one is quick. As the quarter winded down, so too did the homework. I started having more tests than other types of work and then the final, which was surprisingly long for how few questions there were (1:59:29/2 hours for 8 questions). I was close to getting point deductions as you can see, but I didn't and I didn't do great on the test, but I did well enough to be very satisfied with my final grade and to raise my cumulative gpa.

Frisbee:
Well we finally won a game, it was a miracle. We even got to the championships of our pool and we unfortunately lost that, but hey, considering our 0-7 season, coming in 2nd place in our pod isn't such a bad thing after all. I agreed with Steven though that the second half of the season was not as fun because nobody was really dedicated anymore (except the 5 of us (Stashley, Orion, Eric and myself)) and we didn't practice a lot. I liked the times when we practiced on the off days and even though it was just throwing around, it was still fun. Also, truth be told, I my favorite games were the ones where we had 1 sub and the one where we played a man down. I talked to Steven about the possible job opportunity to be SWUF coaches next year and he seemed down, so I need to talk to Eric about that. We would be volunteers from what it sounds like, but I'm sure that we can negotiate a reasonable price for the district (like maybe one coach's salary that we can then just split up for the 3 of us). If we wind up doing that, I think it would be really fun.

DnD:
I introduced my new character to the group (and found out I have a really boring reading voice from Steven) and I really liked him. This time, I think I'll be better at playing my allignment though maybe not to the extent Sai does, but definitely better than my last character. I seem to always post on the day that I'm going to be playing DnD later, so not much else is there to be said about it. We haven't played in too long and because I leave tomorrow, it will be another while before we play again. I'm starting to think I'll be legally drinking a beer as we finally finish the campaign we're on. It's still fun though.

Console Gaming:
I beat Turning Point. It wasn't that great. The story was cool, don't get me wrong, but the controls were really strange for an FPS. I'm onto the Godfather 2 now and I definitely don't like it as much as the Godfather 1, but it has been growing on me and I don't hate it as much as I did when I first started out on it.

Guild Wars:
Davis has been getting into Guild Wars and I know I said I gave it up, but I just realized it is fun. Of course, I don't play it like I did before. Now I only play it if I have something else I can do at the same time, such as Fire Emblem or watching TV on Hulu for my next "What's On?" segment (which by the way is getting close to being done finally). It will be fun if Steven and Orion get back into it because then we can finally try Steven's awesome 4-player team build.

Starcraft:
It's going well. Keir and I play ICCup for a few hours usually daily, but not for the past few days because I've been busy. It has its ups and downs. In a span of a couple games, we can go from yelling at each other to celebrating how pwnage we are. Keir is a C- at 2v2s, but our record together (which is the same as my record) is only a D. We're both competing to try to collect a win from someone in every country. It's just like Pokemon for Starcraft, but you train yourself instead of the things you capture.

Grandpa's house:
It's going quite well. I finally cleaned out his shed to the max, a feat that has never been attempted even. I'm now into the backyard cleaning that up and soon enough he will be moving into Aljoya. In the meantime, he and I have been going over there occasionally to drop off papers or see his new apartment to plan what we want where. I don't mind going there because the lady we always see is really cute, so it's nice to get to go over there whenever we do.

Random happenings:
We had our LoTR marathon. It took the full day, but it was awesome. It was surprising how long they made the movies. It was a little crazy at times and a little boring here and there, but fun overall. After that, we watched the Kirby movie which was so terrible that it was great.

I went to the Mariners game on Ken Griffey Jr. bobblehead night, but due to traffic, I did not get one. I did get to see 4 Navy Seal drop infantry or whatever they are parachute into Safeco. The first guy hit the mark dead on, the second guy almost went into the stands, the third guy took out the marker flag and the fourth guy LET THE AMERICAN FLAG TOUCH THE GROUND. The game was also a really good one that was right down to the wire and a surprise home run won the game.

The other night, I saw a pickup do a powerslide (yes a pickup powerslide, I had no idea it was possible) onto the on ramp to northbount I-5 at 175th. Props to the guy for not rolling over or dying.

Orion and I took an adventure to Vancouver to go to a promotion for Bioshock 2. We left at 1:30 in the morning and drove straight to the beach where it was. After some random walking around, the lady finally showed up late and started placing the bottles. We decided to just take one each, though I said to take one for Davis, Orion said we shouldn't. It turned out we should have because we could have sold it on Ebay for 50 bucks. Oh well. The story of it is pretty well documented in pictures in that there's really not much to tell. It was a cool adventure to go up to Canada just for a couple hours and a good time driving even though I was tired.

Right after Canada, I went to Richland with my grandpa and aunt for a 50th wedding anniversary of some obscure family friend. It was cool because we stayed with my second cousin in Pasco. It was also an uneventful trip, but there was a lot of good driving for me.

After I got back from that, I came home and when I was looking out the window, I noticed a tourgroup of about 30 Japanese kids walking down the street. One pointed excitedly at my neighborhood's mailbox (they aren't very exciting looking, I'll post a picture later) and they all had to take turns throwing up their peace sign in front of the mailboxes for pictures. I was dumbfounded by how strange it was.

Another thing I saw recently that made my day was a guy driving a BMW with the windows rolled down and he was blasting a song that I assume was made by Taylor Swift (I'm not hip to the scene, but it sounded like what I assume is her voice). Not only that, but he was snapping along to the song and bobbing his head in a sassy way. Not only THAT, but he was also wearing a pink shirt with the collar popped and he had a spray on tan that was really obvious. Seeing that made my day and I almost fell over laughing when he drove off.

Ok so that's all that's been going on. I'm now going to be gone from the 15th to the 22nd, so I'll see y'all later I guess. I'll be on gchat though occasionally I assume, so you can look for me there. Peace out.

No comments: