Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Hey everyone, if you came here today looking for a big Winter Break update, check back in 2 days, the post will be made then. In the meantime, it's playoff season which means every Tuesday, I'll be making my picks for the playoff games of the week. Before I get started, I made a video about the Seahawks getting into the playoffs that I have used to troll forums where Giants fans are expressing their rage at the system. It's a 45 second video, here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQ85cG_rJU (I'm not Rick Rolling you, I promise)

Ok well time to make the picks.

Saints at Seattle: Saints by 7-12 points:
I love that the Seahawks are in the postseason again, but I don't think they're strong enough to win. A sure sign is that they're trying to decide which quarterback to start. They have to choose between a seasoned veteran or a younger guy who only has two starts, one being a huge blowout. When that's a hard decision to make, you have a quarterback crisis. Now since it is at Qwest, that can be the wild card in the game. It's outside, the Saints typically play in a dome, so it will be a different climate. If one team could pull off an upset with the home field advantage, it would be the Seahawks, but I think the Saints will get the win by at least a touchdown in the end.

Jets at Colts: Jets by 5 points:
This is a rematch of the AFC championship game last season and it's even at the same place. I intend to get the pick right this year as I did last year, but by picking the opposite team. I think the Colts are struggling a little this season (which is unfortunate because they're one of my three favorite teams) and the Jets have proven they are capable of getting the points on the board. That being said, I think the Colts defense can keep the Jets more or less in check, so it will be up to Peyton Manning and the offense to prove me wrong on this one. Jets will probably win, but go Colts!

Ravens at Chiefs: Ravens by 7-10 points:
After having the two of my three favorite teams in the playoffs on the same day, I get to enjoy two more teams I like the following day. Kansas City has done uncharacteristically well this season and should be commended for that, but not even the homefield advantage (undefeated at home (or maybe they lost only one, I can't remember)) will be able to help the Chiefs against the great defense of the Ravens.

Packers at Eagles: Eagles by 3 points:
This one is a complete tossup. Both teams have adequate defenses (Green Bay's being the better) and will probably allow high scores. The teams both have exceptional offenses however and I think (and really really hope) it will be a high scoring shootout between Vick and Rodgers. In the end, I'm going to give the game to the Eagles because the Eagles are playing at home and because I am biased (Michael Vick is left-handed).

So there you have them, my picks for the week. I'm pretty much betting against the home field advantage it seems, but that's fine. Hopefully I can beat my all-time playoff record of 8 out of 11 correct picks.

No comments: