Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Well I got my prediction right for the Superbowl, so I guess going 6 for 11 isn't so bad in the end. This was a pretty great season for football, getting to see some new teams making the playoffs and generally seeing a more competitive scene with all the teams performing what some critics considered to be rather mediocrely. I like when teams aren't undefeated going into week 11 and I really like when the last two weeks of the season still matter. I hope next season is just as good. Fantasy football starts in late August, so try to drum up some support if you can.

And now to make a longshot prediction for next season. I'm going to abandon the Texans for this time (sad, I know) given how the second half of their season went. I'm not going to say to watch the NFC West for the Rams or the Seahawks either, though I think both will have winning records next season. The team I am picking to do much better than they have in recent times next season is...........The Browns! Hopefully I am right and Colt McCoy uses his superpowers to turn that team into a playoff contender. Perhaps he will even lead them to their first ever Superbowl (though I doubt they'll have that dramatic of a change in one season). I do think they will do much better than this season though, even though they are in a tough defensive division with the Ravens and the Steelers.

I'll make a regular post on Thursday. Feel free to bug me relentlessly if I forget.

No comments: