Sunday, January 04, 2015

Hey all. If you're looking for an update, look below. If you're looking for FOOTBALL, look HERE!!! As the top finisher in two, count 'em TWO fantasy leagues this year, it's my pleasure and duty to inform you who is gonna win in these playoffs. I'm chasing after that record of 8 out of 11 picks. This weekend I missed making my picks on the blog, but I'll run over them really quick and I'll be honest about what I thought.

Cardinals at Panthers: Panthers by probably 2 touchdowns
The Cardinals started the season strong, but key injuries just made it obvious that they weren't going to make it anywhere in the playoffs. They basically made it into the playoffs on the  backs of the guys who got injured. Once those guys were out, the Cardinals were pretty much locked in, but they weren't a playoff caliber team anymore. On the flipside, the Panthers were crappy all season and stepped up at the end of the season to scrape their way into the playoffs. That plus this being a home game for the Panthers made this an easy call.

Ravens at Steelers: Steelers by about 10 points
It was the Steelers at home. Big Ben has two awesome threats on his side with Bell and Brown. I totally forgot though that January Flacco is a scary opponent and that the Ravens are really amazing on the road in the playoffs. I guess I shouldn't have counted them out. I got this one very wrong.

Bengals at Colts: Colts by about 10 points
I made this prediction assuming AJ Green would play. Since he didn't, that left the Bengals sitting with virtually nothing against the Colts. Yeah the Colts had a crappy game in the final week of the regular season, but I had no reason to doubt Luck would s how up for the playoffs. Plus, the Bengals just keep losing in the playoffs year after year. This one seemed like a pretty easy call to make.

Lions at Cowboys: Cowboys by a possession
This one I definitely got right. Granted I may have decided on that before Suh was ruled back in the game, but it still worked out for me. This one was a tossup for me hence my decision to call it by just a possession. It was going to be between Dallas having a great offense and Detroit having a great defense. I gave Dallas the edge because Suh was supposed to be out (again I decided this pick early last week), but looks like even with him in it didn't change much.

So I'm currently sitting at 3 for 4. Pretty good, but I could have done better. Time to get started for next week's picks.


Panthers at Seahawks: Seahawks by a possession
As a Seahawks fan, I know all about what I can expect from a team with a losing record coming into the playoffs. All I can expect is an easy win at home and then getting smashed in the following game by a team that really deserved to be there. Plus it's the Seahawks at home. My faith may waver depending on who wins the Packers/Cowboys game, but I think this game should go to the Seahawks for sure.

Cowboys at Packers: Cowboys by a possession
The Cowboys scared me this week, but they're just a strong team this year. I'm on the Cowboys hype train these playoffs and I think they'll come to get revenge for the Ice Bowl next weekend. The defense can and needs to stop Rodgers. If they don't it'll go to the Packers.

Ravens at Patriots: Patriots by a possession
Sorry, Ravens. I want them to win and I've happily watched them do it IN Foxborough and they do it the best out of any team in the NFL. But the Patriots this year feel stronger. I think they'll be able to hold off the Ravens. But not by a lot. They had a couple crappy games in the last few weeks of the regular season and I don't know how much faith I have in them. Still, I think if they win this game, they're going to the Superbowl. I'm giving it to the Patriots.

Colts at Broncos: Colts by a possession by less than a touchdown
The amount of time I changed the team name above in my prediction troubles me. I want to believe the Colts are going to pay their old quarterback a visit and surprise him, but I don't know if I can believe that. The thing is, it's not because of Peyton Manning that I'm unsure, it's because of Denver's recently strong rushing game. I'm not sure if it'll be enough though. Screw it, I'm giving it to the Colts, but it's going to be a close game.

I hope I don't go 0-4 this week. I'll be excited to see how things pan out.

No comments: