Thursday, January 29, 2015

Time for my Superbowl picks y'all! I unfortunately missed last week, but I'll recap how I did below (spoiler alert: I did well). At the end of this, I have a picture from my nfl.com picks to prove that I wasn't lying. I stand to either tie my record (8 of 11) or have a new personal best (9 of 11) so I wanna prove it's legitimate. First let's start with the conference championship games.

Green Bay at Seattle: Seattle by a field goal
If you had asked me before the game started, I would have decidedly told you Seattle was going to win. If you had asked me halfway through the first quarter, I still would have said yeah I think Seattle will win. If you had asked me at halftime, I would have rubbed the back of my neck and said with a lack of confidence in my voice that I thought Seattle would maybe squeak out a win. If you had asked me in the third quarter, I would have pretty much given up and said it was likely Green Bay. Surely well into the fourth quarter, I was convinced we didn't have much of a chance. But thankfully miracles happen and the Seahawks reward my faith in picking them initially! Thanks guys! Side note, that was one of the most fun (read: stressful) games I've gotten to go to.

Colts at Patriots: Patriots by 10-14 points
Well I got the ending right, but I had no idea it was going to be such a huge blowout. It was a pretty easy prediction though with New England having Browner and Revis able to keep points off the board (unless your  team plays with Joe Flacco).

And now time for my Superbowl prediction. I wanted to say New England, but I have to give it to Seattle. I can't bring myself to root against my home team. Plus I'm starting to come around and think we do actually have a shot. That being said, I won't be THAT sad if we lose because I do think Brady and Belichick deserve another title to cement themselves as true greats since Tom Brady is nearing the end of his career (whereas Russell Wilson has years ahead of him still to make me happy with more Superbowl wins. So my prediction is:

Seahawks vs. Patriots: Seahawks by a touchdown
It's going to be a lot closer than last season's Superbowl, that's for sure. I think Doug Baldwin is going to go to Revis island and will have little to no production. But if he can keep his ego under control and not demand too many balls from Russell Wilson, allowing him to throw to other receivers, then we can do some good stuff on passing. As for our defense, I think they'll be able to stop anything Tom Brady can throw at them as long as they keep him out of the red zone where he has thrown down some impressive plays this season.

Go Hawks!


No comments: