Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Quick post now so Oblivion can be played.

Well I am back from the Midwest. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was worse. The family reunion was very fun though. Meeting all the cool people was fun, but the midwest itself as a region.....been there, done that. I will give the play by play post sometime soon here, but not now because I really want to start up Oblivion. I will also be posting pictures, but I have no idea when exactly because I am going to be using not only mine, mom's, and Kathryn's, but I will also be using some pictures Melissa took because I liked a lot of them that I saw. It's up to her when she puts them on though, but I expect she will soon, so pictures are coming eventually. The play by play will be within the next couple of days, maybe later today if I feel like it. To tide you over, here are some differences about the midwest.

1. There are a lot of African Americans there. I was a minority about half the time.

2. For some reason or another, it is incredibly humid over there. I do not lie. The humidity adds about 10 degrees to the actual temperature. Memphis had the worst humidity.

3. When it rains it pours. It doesn't rain too often, but when it does, it comes without warning and pwns everything in its path.

4. It is very boring.

5. People smoke everywhere.

6. The highways are very straight.

7. Along the highways, billboards are common. I saw so many funny ones and funny religious ones. I wanted to take pictures of them all, but many caught me off guard, being mostly surrounded by trees until it was too late to realize what it said.

8. People seem to think that the Confederate States of America exist.

9. Rednecks portrayed it movies are not stereotypical. That's how they really are.

10. Did I mention it was unbearably hot and humid already?

1 comment:

Jack said...

lol, nonexistent Confederate States of America.

i think the humidity here is due to the extreme absence of rain...something needs to be wet, why not the air?