Sunday, March 16, 2008

The week without the alarm.

Well after that crazy weekend with losing and hour of sleep and having to get up by an alarm on saturday ( : O ), I was awarded with a week of not having to come in to school until 10:30 in the morning, about 2.5 hours after I usually do. It used to be that the upperclassmen would come in at 10, but so many kids were spending extra time taking the WASL, that the people in charge of schedule and time allowments at our school decided that they would give kids an extra half hour. The irony was that at least half of the people missing class to take the WASL were just trying to skip a class they had a test in. Oh well, this worked out for me so I won't correct the mistake. I can see I was nice to myself and posted on monday, so I guess I don't need to worry about it.

Tuesday:
I wound up not going to the Music Theory study thing. The reason? I was asleep. I woke up around 8 and realized that I was too late to go to the study thing, although after hearing about it, I might have been able to show up late had I really wanted to, but I didn't. During the day, we had this mean sub in Humanities, but after that, the classes for the day were a breeze. In photography, I had to process some film and, stupidly, I let all other people go ahead of me, which resulted in me staying through lunch and missing the first ten minutes of 6th period because it took so freaking long. After school, we had a frisbee practice that really pissed me off because I didn't get the disc at all. I was really running trying to get open early on, then slowly less and less as we kept calling plays where I wouldn't get the disc. It was hard to try when we had been playing for about an hour and I hadn't touched the disc at all, even to huck it. After that, I went to the Order of the Arrow meeting, where I volunteered for something that they said they would call me about for the time and place on saturday. It meant I had to miss the game, but I had a feeling I wasn't going to get played.

Wednesday:
Two words for you here: MORNING STARCRAFT. Oh yes, it was very sweet. Steven and I pwned some n00bs. This was the only chance we got during the week unfortunately. I have one open day during the next week of WASL, so we should play on that day. The classes during the day went well. I didn't expect much out of them. Mr. Harshman was still gone because he had broken his arm or something requiring surgery over the weekend.

Thursday:
I slept in before going to school, where nothing terribly exciting happened. We had a really evil sub in Photography, who wouldn't let us use the darkroom because it wasn't explicitly stated, (implications mean nothing anymore I guess.....). After school, we had a far less irritating frisbee practice.

Friday:
We had a day off of school, our only one in March that wasn't attatched to spring break. I started the day by plugging in my 360, firing it up for some Bioshock, or I would have. What really happened was when I started playing, I soon happened across a little sister, but I had already gotten all three in the level. After I rescue her, the 360 glitches out. I turn it off, take the game out, let it rest, etc. and try again. RED RING OF DEATH. So I researched it, and supposedly the 360 is "overheating" which is not only not true, but I did what it said for overheating and it is still messed up. I have to send it off to Texas, which means I'm on my original Xbox until it gets fixed. It's okay though because I found a Hitman game on the Xbox that I bought a year ago for four dollars when I was even more into the series. I have been playing that and it is quite good. Not 360 good, but good enough. I went to the frisbee lunch at Spiro's and after that, went to Sai's for some Brawl with him, Amanuel, and Ahmad. Brawl is actually very good. I like it much better than Melee and almost as much as the original. I found a good character as well, Snake from the Metal Gear series. More people might have come, but Sai couldn't get them at their home phones and I didn't have my cell phone because the battery was dead. Sometime during that night, I beat all of Portals, which was a really fun game as well.

Saturday:
Well I never got called about the volunteering thing, so I guess I was off the hook, which really sucks because I might have been able to go to the frisbee game. Instead, I spend the afternoon with my grandparents and family, because my grandparents were in town for the St. Patrick's day dash. I don't see them often, so it was probably a good alternative to the game.

Sunday:
We got up early to do the dash. It's about 3.5 miles from the Key arena along the viaduct to safeco field, then a u-turn to the quest field north parking lot. For the past few years it has just kept going to the south end of Safeco, which wasn't that great, but this year, for the first time since the Kingdome was still around, it went back by that area. This was my 17th consecutive race, meaning I have been doing it since the first time I could, when I was just under a year old. Of course then, I was in a stroller, but I have been in it that long. That was the 7th one and now we just finished the 24th one. Kathryn has started a new dynasty of wins because she's pro at running. I wasn't too far behind, in fact, we were tied almost the whole way. After the dash, everyone in our group ate at the Pyramid Alehouse across the street where we always eat after the dash. Now, my calves hurt so I really need to rest them before practice tomorrow.


But wait, there's more!
Sports!
Ok I felt I needed to get this on the record. I am branching out from football. It is still my favorite sport, but I think I am going to get back into baseball and I'm going to try to get into NASCAR. I'm feeling like this is a good year for the Mariners. Who do I like in NASCAR? Kurt Busch, the driver of the Number 2 car, formerly driven by my favorite, Rusty Wallace.
There, it's on record. Now if you'll excuse me, I have 99.6% on Guild Wars and some homework.

No comments: