Monday, December 15, 2008

Finally getting to see people.

So last week went pretty well. I had 2 concerts, got to see a bunch of people I hadn't in a while, and I hung out and got some good gaming in. Sorry, that's all the more intro you're getting here.

Tuesday:
I had an accounting final, but it was at 11:00. We were allowed to make a page of notes and I will have to post a picture of my epic one. It was quite an asset on the test (a little accounting humor there). The grades were posted later on and as usual, I beat the class average, but still didn't get as high as I wanted. After that, I played some Guild Wars and beat the Factions campaign with Steven and Orion.

Wednesday:
I had a "final" in Jazz Band at 11:00, which was basically just a good chance to get a longer rehearsal in. After that, I played more Guild Wars.

Thursday:
I had an English final at 8:00 am. I had forgotten how it felt to get up before 7:00 and I'm glad that this was the first time in 6 months that I had done this and that I was not going to do it again any time soon. The English final cosisted of writing an essay, which I spent a lot of time on so that I could maximize my time spent in a warm room. After that, I headed to the library and sat around and did some math until the math final started at 11:00. I think I actually did worse on the math final than I did all quarter long, but we'll see. Either way, I did pretty good in the class.

That night, I went to Sai's house where I met up with Steven, Eric, Ahmad, Oliver, and Ben. I went all in on the first hand and lost, but I had my DS, so it wasn't too boring. After a bunch of people left, I did as well. Sai, Steven, and I got in some good Tetris DS before that though.

Friday:
I spent most of the day gaming and finishing up old games that I was replaying. I'm playing old games because I haven't gotten a new console game in a year and Guild Wars is starting to get boring (as you would expect from a game after 900+ hours of play), so I've been replaying old console games.

Saturday:
I went over to Sai's for a bit early in the morning to give him Apollo Justice to borrow and he was letting me borrow his NES and a bunch of games. I am currently doing those, or trying to. The NES proves difficult to activate and I've only gotten Mario Brothers Original to work so far and it turned out that I had the Gameboy Color clone of that, so I burned through that game and set a new high score already. I haven't gotten the NES to work again, but hopefully I will soon. Unfortunately, Sai is 16 hours away, which is like the worst possible time difference because then we can only communicate early in the morning or late at night. If only there was a Sai hotline. Oh well.

That night, I had the big band dance. Our Jazz band had a very small part, only playing 4 songs. The other 2 bands played for an hour each, so I spent the time talking to mostly Davis, but also some other people there that I knew.

Sunday:
We didn't get much done. I left the house early in the day for lunch, but we were forced to stay inside because it was too icy that night, so mom's birthday dinner consisted of pizza.

Today:
I beat the original Mario Brothers today. Not much else has happened.

Well I'm going to go back to trying to get the NES working again. Peace out.

1 comment:

Davos said...

We need to hang out tomorrow if the roads aren't too icy.