Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The 2nd week of Football picks.

Sorry about the delay. I almost forgot to post today. The days blur together when you play too much Morrowind. Anyway, it looks like I did well last week. I didn't do as well as my first week last year when I went 4 for 4, but I think I can do better than my 7 out of 11 record of the last playoff season. I was quite surprised that the Colts lost, but after how they played in overtime, they deserved to lose. When you foul yourself to a loss, it's hard to feel sorry for you. I was also surprised on the two Sunday games at how close I was to being right. I was about 2 points off in both games. I'm hoping to improve on my record of 3 for 4 by getting all 4 right this weekend. Here it goes.

Titans vs. Ravens: Titans win by 14
What happens when you pit a team with the best record in football against a team with a defense that has a knack for getting the ball out of the offense's hands? You get a really good game. I wish this one wasn't on first because it's going to be a really good game, but in the end, the Titans are going to continue and they will show us why they have the best record in football this season.

Panthers vs. Cardinals: Cardinals win by 6-10
This is going to be a game like the Eagles vs. the Vikings. It's going to be pretty boring. Neither of these teams really stands out and neither one is going to make it to the super bowl unless something happens to the Giants. That being said, the Cardinals will take their good experience from this past weekend and they will apply it well in this game and they will either win by a couple field goals or a touchdown.

Giants vs. Eagles: Giants win by 14
The Eagles had a nice win over the Vikings last week, but the reigning super bowl champions are not going to let up on them and the Eagles will be stopped in their tracks. When the Giants get into the lead, they will hold it for the remainder of the game.

Steelers vs. Chargers: Steelers by at least 10
The Chargers may be my 3rd favorite team (only behind the Seahawks, then the Colts), but I know when a team I like is outmatched, so I have to get behind the Steelers here. The Steelers are scary and I must say, I am changing my opinion of them. They didn't cheat in the super bowl vs. us. The referees did. If the Steelers pull out a good win and still make the game fun to watch, I think I can learn to like them next season.

Ok well have fun watching football this weekend. I'll talk to y'all later.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I'm feeling ravens and I'm willing to bet you a dollar that panthers will run over cardinals. then giants beat eagles and steelers beat chargers.

David said...

Sure I'll take your bet on those 2 games. I bet Titans and Cardinals.