Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Football picks did not do as well.

Well yeah I didn't do so well this week. I only got half of the games right. There were a couple surprises though and I felt very smart after the Cardinals game. I missed the Titans game, but I recorded it while I was gone and I saw the 2nd half and was barely able to watch it without crying. I really wanted them to win in the Super Bowl. Also, I was let down by the Giants, but not as let down as they were. They were so terrible. Orion was right, they have been getting worse. So I came in late to the Cardinals game and when I came in at halftime, it was 33-13. I had picked the Cardinals to win, but apparently all 5 guys at Fox (even Frank Calliendo!) had picked the Panthers to win. I later found out that all the guys at CBS had picked the Panthers to win. I would have felt smart even if the Cardinals had won by a little bit, but they went and COMPLETELY DOMINATED. I was very happy and I wish I could rub it in the faces of the football guys. At the end of the day, the Steelers won, but that wasn't a surprise. The Chargers (who are my 3rd favorite team) had a good start, but the Steelers are just good. So there are only 2 games this weekend and here they are.

Cardinals vs. Eagles: Cardinals by less than 7 points:
The Cardinals are my favorite team still in the running currently, but the Eagles are performing quite well. However, when you compare the two teams the Eagles have played, it's not saying that much. The Vikings were pretty weak and let's face it, the Giants missed 2 field goals. The Eagles may have a great defense, but Arizona has shown me that they have a really good offense and I think they will put that to use and I hope they get into the Super Bowl with it. They're due for a trip to one.

Ravens at Steelers: Steelers by less than 10 points:
It's a case of the two best defenses around. Both teams have shown me that they can stop the other team from scoring. For this reason, I have to go with the Steelers because not only does their defense stop scores, but they also make scores. I really hope the Cardinals win their game because that would mean that no matter which team wins this game, the Super Bowl would be a great offense vs. a great defense, which would make for a pretty good game.

Well have fun this weekend watching more football. I hope I get both right. As it stands, my record this season is 5 for 8. My record last year was 7 for 11. If I get the next three right, I could beat my record. If I lose one more, then I will have tied it and I will be somewhat sad because I want these two teams to be in the Super Bowl.

No comments: