Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Farewell Junior

Ken Griffey Jr. retired today. It is important enough to me to warrant having its own post. He has been my favorite professional athlete since I was 4 years old when I learned he was also left handed (at the time, I did not know any other lefties) and I've followed his career through my life. I was sad to see his injuries catch up with him in recent seasons, but I will cherish the memories he left the city of Seattle (and myself) with. At least we still have "My Oh My" on VHS which was a great video about the 95 season. I think I might go watch that in honor of him.

Farewell Junior, thanks for the memories.

I'll resume posting again next week. I didn't do it this week because I didn't feel like it (maybe someone else would like to make a post to keep everyone entertained???). Also I will be making a What's on post tomorrow.

No comments: