Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A haul of much goodity.

Ok well it's what now, the 26th? Wow. Steven, Keir, and I haven't even played Snowball Wars. Guys, the 30th. The three of us need to play at least one this year. Well there is going to be a party on New Year's Eve, everyone else willing. I will get to that later, first I need to post about Christmas.

For Christmas, I got a plethora of games. By that, I mean whatever I didn't get, I have enough money from my Eagle ceremony and from Christmas to buy more. I also got World in Conflict as my "Santa" present. I haven't put it on the computer yet, but I hope to soon. I got some random presents as well; including a finger drum set, a South Pole (gangster) Sweater, an optical illusion deck of cards from 1987, and a bunch of nostalgic Seahawks towels from games in the 1980's. My aunt wrapped my presents in those because she knew I would like them and I did. She has had season tickets since 1978, so that's why she had them. I have only gotten on one game since Christmas, Assassin's Creed. I felt like it was a shorter one and I was probably right. It looks like a nice 36 hour game (ideal time) in which I will be able to get every achievement on the first runthrough. The story is really really really not what I expected in a wierd and sort of bad way. I also had hoped for more in depth gameplay, but the combat is exactly like Spiderman 3, where you press a combination of buttons, almost always including the X button in order to attack. One thing that it beats Spiderman on though is graphics. The awesome blood and guts flowing everywhere in the fighting is almost enough to make me forget I'm pressing two buttons. I have to bring you over so I can show you some of the cool moves you can do. The game is fun, but it isn't what I expected. I can definately get into it though.

Ok so I am going out of town from early on the 27th to the 30th late. New Year's Eve is the first day I will be back. I can probably communicate a couple times daily via email (read and send early in the morning and late at night). I will be talking to you guys that are helping to plan via email as much as I can. Here is a list of what we need.
1. Time: 3 or 4:00 pm - midnight or 1am seems the best.
2. Try to get as many 360's as possible. We can probably get 3 and if you can get a fourth, that would be ideal.
3. Bring a cube for smash. Even if we have 4 360's, we should have it as backup and we need it as a failsafe plan in case a 360 owner drops the ball.
4. Make sure everyone knows that there is under no circumstance to be any halo. Gears is the only game that will be played. No exceptions, except for anything on the gamecube. If anyone finds a way to play halo on the gamecube, then by all means, go ahead, but the 360's will only be playing Gears of War.
5. We want 10-12 people coming. So far, there are five (Sai, Steven, Davis, Orion, and I). Eric Chan has a 360 and should have GoW, so there's 6. Ahmad has GoW, so there's 7. Try to get 3-5 more people there.
6. I have three useable TV's, we will need 1 or 2 depending on whether we have a fourth 360 coming. If we have a fourth, then we will need 2 more TV's one for that 360 and one for the cube.
7. Find out where we can have the party. Sai's house works if we stick the cube back in Sai's room. My house also works and has 2 rooms, preventing screen looking. Steven's house??? Davis can't because he might need to leave. Orion's house???
8. WE ARE ONLY PLAYING GEARS OF WAR.
9. Don't invite people that will try to make people play halo.
10. Check your emails because I am going to be frantically trying to contact you via my mom's laptop twice a day to get updates.
Sai, Davis, Steven, Orion. Please do a good job so that this party does not go the way of homecoming. I'm sure you will, I just don't like being in any control of it.

Peace out.

2 comments:

pronoob5 said...

haven't really done anything to contact people. Maybe I'll call Jake soon if I think about it. There was something else I was going to say.....
Oh yeah my basement is kinda small I'm not sure it would work for a party of this magnitude.

blitzmoose said...

Ok I'll try to get everything figured out then. If anyone invites anyone, then email me to tell me so. I'll try to get around 14 people, and two gamecubes just in case things happen like at homecoming >_<. So, Steven, you should bring a cube with warioware and smash bros, and controllers, I'll bring one as well. Davis please bring controllers. Also, I will tell a bunch of people to being food maybe? Must get enough junk food to feed 14 people... So, If anything happens please email me, and I will get to contacting everyone as well.