Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I was waiting until we had a GoW party this weekend to update, but we didn't so I will speak of the many other good things that happened this week.

I hope everyone had a nice President's Day Weekend. Some people were foolish to consider this mere weekend a "mid-winter break," which implies that we have an actual break, not centered around a weekend. So since my last post, quite a few good things happened to me. I was hoping that in my luck of having good things happen to me this week that maybe I would hear back from the UW finally, but no such luck. Ah well, off to the week.

Monday:
It was an odd period since we had a four day week (three for FBLA members) this weeks, so it went ABAB, which meant odd classes on a Monday. We actually had some fun in the classes. Mr. Harshman got his pre-concert rage going, then Mr. Davis got his lecture on, then Mr. Hendrix....well he actually didn't put me to sleep, which is darn good for him. After school, Ultimate had the first ever track practice. It was okay because no coaches were there so we only ran a mile, which was still not the very good for me. On my last lap, Danniel Linn ran up to me and said that I was actually reciting the pledge of allegiance the next day at FBLA rather than the creed which I had still forgotten to learn. I was happy to do the pledge because I actually knew that one. After running a mile, we did intervals, which is my favorite new running game. I almost beat Steven on a leg, but I think we either tied or he just beat me by a fraction of a tenth of a second. After that, we scrimmaged.

Tuesday:
I had to get going earlier since I had to be at Shorewood at 7:15. I made it in time, unlike our presidente. I had forgotten two signatures on my form though from teachers, but they had been notified via me emailing them. Luckily they were both cool. I got Hastig's signature, so all was well. On the way there, I sat next to David and we studied Parliamentary Procedure. Reciting the pledge was okay. It wasn't really cool or necessary for me to do it, but I enjoyed myself. The girl signing the anthem was.......not so great. It was obvious she was a last minute volunteer. It was funny to listen to her miss notes and breathe in the middle of words though. So after the tests were all said and done, the awards began. Nothing in my first Event, Business Law. I thought I had done better than last year, so I want to find out. Nothing in Cyber Security, but I just learned that I was doing it the day of the competition, so I didnt expect anything. After being bored, and it being late in the alphabet, I forgot about Parliamentary Procedure and then I saw Orion walk up the stage and look back at David and I and say "Come on." I said "Oh what we got it?" which got some laughs from nearby people. We got first place in Parliamentary Procedure with an average score of 26.2 or something like that. We were the only team to compete, but it was cool to win anyway. So out of the 31 people that went, 25 qualified for state.

After that, I had to keep my dress clothes on for the concert that night, so I decided not to go to frisbee practice to stay clean. While I waited for time to pass, I emailed Rachel and asked her if she wanted to go to Prom.

So eventually, I got to the concert. It was bad. We did bad, the other bands were bad. It was business as usual, but I enjoyed being there once in each band. After I got home, I got an email back regarding prom and it was an affirmative. Huzzah, I have a date for prom! Achievement Unlocked.

Wednesday:
I had to go back to school for my odd classes again. In band, we had a relaxed day with little anger. In Physics we had a test I did not know about, but I think I did okay on it. In theory, I went 2 classes in a row without almost falling asleep! Mr. Hendrix is getting more interesting I guess. After school, I played some Guild Wars and managed to uncover .2%! I was very excited.

Thursday:
My first time in my even classes since a week before. The four of us in FBLA had forgotten to do our "discussion" and it was too late to do it before class and we didn't have a sub, which was not planned on, so I made up a fake conversation by furiously scribbling down a ton of random thoughts on the paper we were supposed to read while the whole class discussed it. I may have stolen some other ideas. At one point in the class, I made a comment about a society of convenience which Ms. Hastig seemed to really like, which is odd because I have never seen her smile at something I have said or done. It was a little scary. After school, we played some more frisbee. After that, I just hung out at home because the school week was over.

Friday:
I spent most of the day at home because of the construction and needing to be there for it. I got all the achievements on the Simpson's Game, which was a pretty good game, but not great.

Saturday:
I woke up at 7 to go to the dump. We got there 15 minutes early and were the second in line. The new dump is really nie, you should go check it out sometime. There's a pile that you dump into, but only commercial vehicles dump onto the pile. Private vehicles dump their trash over a ledge onto the the pile, so there is a wall to moosh the pile up against. I was at the time the youngest person in the dump. We were the first pickup out of the dump. There were many more firsts that I was, but all in all it was cool regardless. After that, we all went down to Kent to see our granite slab that would soon become our countertops. It was cool to see the factory where they carve the slabs. It was like watching How It's Made. After that, we swung by Ikea to see if we could get parts for a drawer that broke. We couldn't. After that, dad suggested we eat lunch at this nearby Zoopa's that he thought still might exist. It did. It had been too long since I had eaten at Zoopa's and it was good. Very good. We didn't do anything else the rest of the day.

Sunday:
At around noon, we went up to Costco's to buy a 42" Vizio LCD HDTV that was on sale for $900, but ended that day. We got it and it's really nice. I like playing Mass Effect on it. We didn't do anything else until we went to go have dinner at grandpa's house. After that, we learned that the guys working on our kitchen were coming early in the morning to spray texture on the walls so that the walls don't have random smooth spots on them. Kathryn and I just stayed at my aunt's house for that night.

Monday:
Apparently, the guys didn't come that morning. We took Grandpa and my aunt to Costco for lunch and to pick up groceries and what not. We came back and had to hang out downstairs because upstairs was just a mess. The guys came at about 4:00 and taped off the whole upstairs covering the floors and everything that didn't get sprayed with plastic. They finished around 8, but the stuff was still wet so the cats had to stay downstairs, so I slept down there with them so they wouldn't get lonely. Also, I got to stay up and play games on the new tv.

Tuesday:
Well not much happened today. I played more Bioshock. I like the game, despite how scary it is. The shooting controls feel unnatural though. Also, I've been playing some Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

Well we have school tomorrow. I forgot some things that were good that I originally intended on including, but oh well. I'll post some pictures of the construction. Peace out for now I guess.

No comments: