Monday, February 08, 2010

The Saints Came Marching In

That was quite a good game yesterday up until the last few minutes when it was obvious who was going to win. Both teams had a great season, but the Colts already have a recent Superbowl championship under their belts, so the Saints deserved this one. Congrats to them and all New Orleans fans, hopefully as a Seahawks and Texans fan, I will someday get to see one of those teams get a Superbowl win. This week, during the week, I might say I played Guild Wars when what I mean is I did a repeatable quest (in Guild Wars (about a 2.5 minute loop of actions)) over and over to get a lot of things that will be worth good money in the future. I guess I'll just get on with the week and I'll keep it brief because I should study for my math midterm today.

Monday:
Band was rather uneventful. Ken even decided to cut this one really annoying song from our concert, so that's going to be even better.

Tuesday:
I spent most of the day doing math homework, but I had time for some Guild Wars later in the day.

Wednesday:
We found out that only one person brough Suckol the money this week, so despite the reminders, the team was just not motivated and there will be no SWUF this year. It is very unfortunate both because I wanted to be able to get some good playing in this spring and I will now probably wind up going to Victoria. The Victoria part isn't so bad though because I found out Mike from jazz band might go with his own band as well, so that would be cool. Also if I go, I can hit up Lyle's Place to get some CDs for cheap. After school, I played a lot of guild wars.

Thursday:
Chelsea was finally back. She had been gone for about a week and a half, so it was good to have her back, but unfortunately our two lead trumpets were gone, so it was the fantastic four for that day. I did some homework early, then played a lot of guild wars for the rest of the night.

Friday:
It was just the four of us in jazz band again. There were technically only 3 trumpets though because I was on my horn the whole class that day. It was a nice change of pace from playing trumpet all class. Doug also gave me a part for trombone (that's what I play on most songs except the one where I have the alto flute part) and I had to transpose it in my head as we went. I did a lot better than I thought I would especially considering I was transposing and switching it from bass clef up to treble clef, which I guess isn't a terribly big deal now that I think about it. I did some guild wars after school, but got bored of it since I had been doing it all week, so I took a Mass Effect 2 break, then came back to guild wars

Saturday:
I woke up too late to go to frisbee with bothell, so I just played Mass Effect 2, then did some guild wars until we left for the Billy Joel and Elton John concert at Key Arena. It was originally going to be in November of last year, but Elton John got sick and they had to postpone. Billy Joel actually apologized during his set though, which was nice. He had a better set all around than Elton in my opinion because he actually talks to the audience and warms you up with jokes. He also did a nice little treat for the Seattle fans by playing some Hendrix for us. I thought that was pretty cool. Overall, it was an awesome concert and the 3 hours (yes really) flew by. It was really loud though and I went to bed with my ears ringing quite loudly.

Sunday:
I spent the morning playing Mass Effect 2, then I decided to keep playing because I had had enough of guild wars for the week. I went over to grandpa's place for the superbowl because they have a little theater there with a big projector. We also celebrated my aunt's 60th birthday while we were there. It was a cool game and I'm happy for the Saints, but it's too bad the Colts lost because they're my 2nd favorite team. After we came home, everyone went to bed, but I stayed up to play some more Mass Effect 2 because I had already done all my homework.

Today:
We only had the three amigos in jazz band today because Chelsea was gone along with the other two guys, so the songs we played we only had 3rd and 4th parts for. There was one song though where I had a 5th part and one where I had 2nd, so without the lead, we were hanging out naked there in the section. It was funny to realize how loud the lead is playing usually. Now I have a math midterm coming up in a few hours, so I gotta get studying. Have a good week everybody.

No comments: