Thursday, January 11, 2007

Finally, a good use of a snow day

So nothing much happened on wednesday, ecxept my house got about an inch of snow in around an hour. It was like a flash blizzard. Temperatures dropped off completely during the night.
The next morning(today), I woke up at the usual time to get ready. I saw the street by my house seemed to be clear. I turned on the TV while I made breakfast to see if they would at least give us an hour and a half delay. Watching the ticker go was painful. I came in on the "C" districts. As it went, I also saw that King's was closed. No big deal, I thought, they have disagreed with us before. Then came Seattle, who usually agrees with us. Closed. I had a bad feeling. Then it got to Shoreline. Closed. I let out a big NOOOOOOOOO, which alerted Mom and Kathryn that they could go back to sleep. So if we have 2 more snow days, then my birthday will be on a school day. It looks like we will have one tomorrow, because it is refreezing. So back to today. I convinced mom that the roads were good enough to let me go to Steven's if I needed to. She let me go, but not before noon.
After noon, I headed up to Steven's where I assumed we would get Orion and Sai. When I got there, he told me Orion had gone to North City (elementary school) to sled with his family. We went to get Sai to get him to help us airsoft up Orion. Sai wasn't home, so we just went to North City. When we got there, we Splinter Celled (tried to) Orion. We sledded with him (teh cardboardxorz!) after that. I found a cardboard box and broke it from repeated attempts to move. We later decided to go down this huge closed off hill. It took a while to climb up so once was going to be enough. On the way down, we all turned backwards for some stupid physics related reason. Orion got butt raped I guess. That may have been Steven, but I'm not sure. Read their posts to figure out. The reason I don't know is because right after I managed to turn around the right way, my sled did a jump off a rock wall and smacked me into a telephone pole. It hurt a little bit. After that, we headed back to Orion's house.
At Orion's house, we got hot cocoa and played some more Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (heh heh so many good times with Electra). Yes it is probably what it sounds like. So then when I was leaving, I had to borrow hot water from Orion because my truck's lock froze. Then I came back here and we are making our own pizza, so peace out until later. Pray for an hour and a half delay tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, its keir.

I'm in seattle now, and im going skiing today (friday). Tomorrow, you should hold a gaming party (at your house?) because thats the only time Ill be able to do one. 7 Oclock and later is probably the best time.

Please e-mail me your response at keirdl@yahoo.com Or call me on my cell (do i need the gainesville area code? i dont know!) 352-246-7142

Be sure to leave me your adress so i can mapquest.

David said...

Keir u turned ur phone off.