Wednesday, February 14, 2007

3.0?

I estimated my past GPA's and added in this one to make a cumulative gpa for now and it's 3.08. Barely enough to get the good student discount. Last night, dad said if my GPA dropped below 3.0, I couldn't drive anymore. It looks like I can, plus they don't check the GPA for a while to see if I am elligable. So I got to Mr. Harshman today to see about AP music theory. Davis and Sam are in it, so that class will be cool. As Mr. Harshman gave me my signature, he told me about how he thought I was putting out a really good effort and that he believes I can step into Wind Ensemble next year. I almost said "WELL IT'S ABOUT DARN TIME," but I decided not to. So I also found Ms. Morris later and asked her about how I could get A's in her class both quarters and get a C+ overall. Her answer was "that's correct." Then an awkward pause as I thought "Wait, did she just answer a question I didn't ask or does she think that was a coherent answer?" Then I decided to say I didn't get it and she elaborated. Well it turns out there is a marriage project that my partner and I did bad on and unfortunately, my partner has it. I hope he does at least. This still doesn't answer how I got 2 A's and a C+ overall. At any rate, these are the classes I signed up for next year:
Band (especially if there is an advancement in my future)
AP Music Theory (I had room, so why not?)
Geology 101 (UW Geology, Physical Geology, whatever it's going to be called. It's a college level course)
Accounting 1 (instead of math. it was dad's idea)
Senior Lifetime Sports (FTW!)
Contemporary World Problems (Mrs. Chertock so it will be good)
Hollywood and History (perhaps I will get an A in a Guthrie class finally)
Movie Genres (With Murray and Steven. Yeah I have 2 movie classes)
Essay Fundamentals (Was going to do AP Comp, but everyone ditched me)
I don't know my alternates yet. I'll wing em as I go.
Shooting for a post each day this week.

No comments: