Tuesday, May 22, 2007

3rd year in a row the 1st to post about victoria

First of all, if you haven't read the last post about Starcraft 2, do now.

Second of all, yes there are better pictures and stories this year, along with pictures Orion took as well (see his blog). I will post the pictures either later today or tomorrow depending on how much Starcraft I want to play today.

Please look for the story surrounded by these:****** because it is the best story in the bunch. There are some secksy stories too, so I suggest you try to read all of the post.

So on saturday I got up and before I left, Keir told me about Starcraft 2 and I had enough time to read all I could about it. It still seems like a dream. Finally after almost a decade since the original version graced computer screens with its presence. At 1:00, everyone loaded thier things on the truck and got on the buses to leave for the clipper. On the clipper, we got in the front right corner that smelled like chocolate milk, vomit, feces, take your pick. We didn't have a table but managed to play hearts still. After arriving in Victoria, we went with Joseph to Old Vic's. Luckily, the lady that made us give a big tip last year was the cook this year. This year also they were playing many good songs in the restaurant. In the 40 minutes we were there, 1 song was not in my music library at home. We tipped lightly to get even for last time. *****On the way back to the hotel, we stopped to watch this strange hippie band perform. There was a funny old guy dancing. Suddenly, this SUV limo drives by and in the back, some fat lady is dangling this huge ass thong out the window saying "Are these yours?" and "Come smell them!" Orion got a picture of them as they drove away.**** When the truck got to the hotel at 9, we got stuff unloaded. This year I had a good idea to take bags up as we got them so that we wouldn't have to schlep all our stuff up crowded stairwells. The Xbox made it safely, unfortunately when we tried to hook it up, we were prevented from switching inputs, rendering the Xbox useless so we decided to get a universal remote the next day. With this newfound freetime since the Xbox didn't work, we were at a loss for something to do. As I went out to get ice, I saw two cheerleaders in swimsuits going to the pool. I ran back to the room to get everone else. We decided to go to the pool to watch them. That was very fun I must say. We also played with an exercise ball and I climbed into a small fort type thing.

On Sunday, Davis and I went to Smitty's around 8:30 to get reservations for around 10:00. Unfortunately they don't take reservations on Sunday (hmm would have been nice to know last year.....) However, we were able to get everyone up and there for a 4 person breakfast around 9:30 and we only had to wait about 15 minutes since we were a small group surrounded by people waiting for the two tables that could hold 7 or 8 people. Probably the shortest ever wait for Smitty's. After that, we went back to the hotel and hung out until the Parliament steps performance. It rained on us a bit, but the picture and performance went quickly and well I believe. We had quick band awards under a tree (Davis: oh boy now the rain only has a 70% chance to hit us!) and decided to skip the parade of bands, since we didn't want to wait in the rain for another hour. Unfortunately this prevented me from seeing my friend since I thought I would only get to see her band at the Parliament. After that we had free time until 9. We spent that free time watching TV, then getting a remote, then wandering and playing frizbee. We ate dinner at second slice pizza. So the Universal remote wound up not working so we watched Bad Santa then went to sleep.

On monday, we woke up at 7:00 and left at 7:30 for the parade. We got to the start at 8:00, ate breakfast in a food court until 8:30, then sat outside and waited to be let into the parade until 11:00. While we were waiting, I saw a band that had a bunch of letters that looked like half of Roseville, so I looked for my friend. She was able to pick me out first, so I said hello. Then her sister passed later, who I had forgotten was in the group as well as a cheerleader or something of the like. She said hi as well but I would have missed it if Davis and Orion hadn't turned me around. So the parade seemed to go well surprisingly enough. Harshman seemed happy, unless that was his reaction to the fact that we didn't totally blow. I hope it meant he was happy. We got back to the hotel around noon, but the cards once again had expired at noon because the hotels system is very anal about that. Luckily Joseph got our card early, but when he got up, it still didn't work and we didn't want to got back into the mob that was now there. All the drill girls on our floor were getting very hot if you catch my drift. One wound up just taking her shirt off. That was kind of cool. Luckily, Katrina of the flag team got into her room and let me jump from her balcony to ours, where I had left our sliding door open. I got in the room and let the other guys in. We started free time at 1:00 and ate Subway for lunch. We played a little frizbee and briefly met a nice english chap dressed up in a fancy brown suit that reminded us of a british Redneck Rob. We also got some Gelato. After that, we got a seat on the clipper that had three seats, and a table along the window then two seats, which provided somewhat good ability to play cards and watch Pure Pwnage Episode 13. So when we got home, it was an hour earlier than the previous year, but it was raining really hard, so as soon as I got my luggage, I went home to watch 24. That's it for now. I will post pictures soonish and by that I mean I have no idea when, but before this week is over.

No comments: