Sunday, December 27, 2009

Winter Break 09-010 Part 2

Well hello there again. It is now time for the second part of my break. This might be the least interesting part of the whole break(crap, why did I start out the post by saying that?), but nonetheless, I must post it for my own future interest if for no other purpose. I'll just get right into it, it will not be too long.

Edit: I am talking to Keir as I make this post and he would like me to correct a statement I made in the last post regarding how little he and I have done with our lives. He would like me to tell everyone he is a "and how i am such a productive member of society" and would like me to make a list of ways.

-He has created the most popular English Starcraft Rap on Youtube.
-He saw Tim Tebow once.
-He is a communist and will soon change the student government at UF.
-He has had more conversations with women than I have.
-He maintains a (somewhat) higher APM than I and far better macro (for the time being O_o).
-He remains the most frequently quoted on my blog and on my facebook page.
-He did something at model UN that involved a major regime change or something.

Ok, there you have it Keir. You are a productive member of society....to some level I suppose. Regardless, you seem to have done more with yourself than I have (for the time being...). Ok, well on with the post. If any of you ever want me to correct something I said about you, you have to catch me while I'm posting.

Thursday:
It was Christmas Eve, but that didn't stop my Grandpa from taking me to Costco. I invited mom and Kathryn along because they wanted to get Kathryn some driving practice. Grandpa enjoyed the extra company. Afterwards, I took him to Fred Meyer and then back to his place where I fixed up a couple of things for him before heading off. Dad got off work early, so we went to see Up in the Air, which was a pretty good movie.

Friday:
We got up and opened presents. Dad and I got a dartboard which we will put to good use when we finish up rearranging the garage. It will be fun to play darts again once we get the board up. I also got The Saboteur, a 360 game (sandbox game, you guys might not be interested). I also got from my grandma MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 2!!!!1 DEEP FREEZE, FANTASTIC FIRE! CURSE OF THE HAND! FERAL RAGE!!!1111111

That was certainly exciting. I also got from my cousin a happy kwanzaa gift card to best buy. He must have known my secret contempt for that strange holiday. My grandma also surprised me. Back when she asked me for things I might want for Christmas, I gave her a couple suggestions and then made up a 360 game called "Crazy Susan 4: The Search for Goat Cheese Mountain." I was hoping she would ask someone at a store about it and look silly, but she didn't so I just told her it was fake. She then surprised me by having one of her friends draw up a cover for it and giving that to me. It was pretty funny and I'll post the picture of it later. We went and had dinner at my uncle's house and then came home and watched 500 days of summer, which was okay. When we exited ondemand and got sent back to the cable, there was some movie called "Grandma got Run Over by a Reindeer." I watched the remainder of it because of it's really strange plot and plethora of wtf moments.

Saturday:
We got up early and set out for the tri-cities hoping to make it there by noon. We ran into some trouble along the way though when our tire sprung a leak. Luckily, we pulled into Les Schwab (and I capitalize that with the utmost respect) in Ellensburg and they fixed the tire in 15 minutes for free. I thought it cost money, but dad said he knew it wasn't going to. He even tried to pay them for it, but they refused. I definitely agree with our family saying of "The world would be a better place if it was run more like Les Schwab." We continued on and got to the tri-cities somewhat later than we hoped, but we met my grandma for lunch at Red Robin and then checked into the hotel and went over to my uncle's house to hang out.

-So in Kennewick, my grandpa owned a big 40-acre farm that my mom and her brothers grew up on. They eventually sold the farm and the "back 40" when I was 10, so I have memories of the place still. The new owner promptly developed the hell out of the back 40 and now it's all houses. My uncle's house is in that area and it was really strange to look around and remember it as a field and now I was about to go into a house there.-

We hung out there for several hours, seeing the whole family and eating good food. Eventually, it got late and we went back to the hotel for sleep.

Today:
We got up early for the breakfast at the hotel, then we went to see my grandpa's grave before going to see my great grandma. She is 96 now and she has alzheimers, but if you see her in the morning, she is normal for a little while before she starts going off on something (today it was how she ran into a friend of hers the other day in Auburn (Auburn, NY). After that, we went back to my uncle's house to say goodbye to everyone and then we began the drive back home. My parents insisted on letting Kathryn drive part of the way since she needs 20 drives to do this discount thing for the insurance. I hate letting her drive though because she's still n00b at it and also I just dislike not driving. She did fine though, avoiding accidents (though one guy almost hit us). I took over after we stopped for lunch in Yakima. Tonight, we had some time, so we decided to go see Sherlock Holmes. It was good. I even ran into Alec on the way there. It was good to see him back doing work and stuff after the whole drugs thing he got into there for a while during high school. I always felt bad about him because it was like the whole thing with Zack where he's one of my oldest friends (in that I've known him since preschool (even longer than Rachel)) and I probably could have done more about it when I noticed he was doing bad stuff, but I didn't and now I'll never really know. Like I said though, it was good to see him doing well though and good to just talk to him since I hadn't in a while.

Well now I am about to sign off for the night because I am rather tired and I'm feeling like I will be busy the next several days with it being the small stretch of time when both Orion and Davis are here. I'll make a quote post right after this one, but until next monday, have a good remainder of your breaks.

2 comments:

Eric said...

my little brother also got marvel ultimate alliance 2 so we will have to play on live sometime haha. I still don't like the camera angles on that game. I heard about that game The Saboteur haha.

Oreo said...

MARVELLLLLLLLLL ULTIMATEEEEEEEEEEEE ALLIANCEEEEEEEEEE TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It turns out our goal was to reach Cheney by noon on saturday as well, although that meant we had to leave at 6:30AM *angry eyes*.

Also, you have managed to see 3 movies that I really wanted to see (Up in the Air, 500 Days of Summer, Sherlock Holmes) within the last week without inviting me to any of them *angry eyes aimed at you*.