Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Well it's official, I cannot beat my record from last year. It was another half right week for me and hopefully I can finish strong by getting the remaining 3 games right. Here are my two picks this week.

Jets vs Colts: Colts by 14:
Well Rex Ryan has been saying his team should be favored in every game this postseason and I don't have anything against him, but I dislike being proven wrong. I don't know what was up with the Chargers. That was the first game I had seen them play all season and I don't know how they got an 11 game win streak with that kind of playing. Anyway, the Colts are the best team in football right now and even though the Jets beat them once during the regular season, this time, the Colts will have their good players on the field and they will take control early and they will hold that lead for the whole game and the Chargers (a team I like) shall be avenged.

Vikings vs Saints: Saints by 3:
This is the game I'm not sure about. The teams are evenly matched and it's possible it could go either way. I pick the Saints though because as we saw last week with the Vikings, their offense consists mainly of Brett Favre and Sidney Rice. The Saints have more options for scoring and I think that their ability to adapt and to use different players will give them an edge over the Vikings who only have a few stars. The Vikings could easily win though if they are able to shut down Drew Brees like they shut down Tony Romo last week.

Well that's it for this week. Fingers are crossed hoping I get these right. We'll see how I do this Sunday.

No comments: