Tuesday, April 06, 2010

5th Anniversary List: Top 5 Comments

Where would my blog be without comments? Well it would actually be in the same place, but I would be more annoyed if you didn't leave them. Here are probably 5 of the best comments from the five years this blog has been around. I've included the posts they go with in case you want a little light reading.

5. zack0217 said...
you didn't watch scarface?!?! what kind of a manly party was that? ohhh waaaiiit. this was another one of your penis touching parties in disguise wasn't it?
7:14 PM, October 18, 2006
http://dutchpride.blogspot.com/2006/10/hahahahah-hahahaha-oh-thats-good-you_16.html

This quote was left on the post about the manly movie/counter homecoming party we had sophomore year. We planned on watching Scarface, but weren't able to get it, so we had other manly movies instead. I just liked this quote because its one of the few I remember without looking into my archives and I thought it was pretty funny.


4. zack0217 said...

You see, this is what happens when I haven't left my house in 11 days; Things get broken.
12:02 PM, February 14, 2006
http://dutchpride.blogspot.com/2006/02/screw-you-david.html

Zack left this quote on a post he made after hacking my blog a second time by actually doing some clever thing to get my password. He got control of my blog twice and it was fairly memorable, so I figured it deserved a spot somewhere in the list series I'm making. Fortunately, the blog is under my control and I have no intention on giving it up, especially to Zack again.
 
 
3. Jack said...

if anyone actually read all that, their eyes are probably no longer attached to their head, and are instead on the floor in ashes.
3:03 PM, February 26, 2006
http://dutchpride.blogspot.com/2006/02/owner-of-this-blog-went-to-maui-and.html

This post wasn't really that memorable, but I always thought this was a funny comment. It was made before my great grammar, spelling, and spacing fix of early 2007. Before that, I just had huge run-on paragraphs that could loosely be called posts. Jack frequently left comments mentioning how hard my posts were to read and of all of them, I liked this one the most.


2. Steven said...
coming soon----
THE DUTCH SHALL RISE AND CONQUER AGAIN - ABRIDGED SERIES!
(i wish)
yeah i didnt read any of the post.
5:27 PM, November 27, 2006
http://dutchpride.blogspot.com/2006/11/ieeee-why-have-not-i-updated.html

Classic Steven, this is generally what 90% of his comments are about. He never reads the blogs, but he reads our APMs at Starcraft and tells us how to get better, so that is nice. Of all the times (and there were many) when Steven said he didn't read the post, I thought this was was the funniest.


1. egreggious said...

David,
You're famous.
8:30 PM, May 05, 2006
http://dutchpride.blogspot.com/2006/05/uh-oh-pic-didnt-come-out-too-well.html

You all know why this is the number one comment, it has been one of the most referenced things regarding my blog in its history. Countless jokes have spawned as a result of what ensued after this comment. This comment and the events thereafter have become so famous within our blogging ring that I had to make this list so I could reference this quote in some way. It was pretty funny and props to Steven for finally scaring him away. Sometimes, I wonder what he's up to now. In the end, it doesn't matter, I have a funny anecdote.


Ok well there's today's top 5 list. I hope you liked it. I just noticed that all the top 5 comments are from 2006. Either that was just an exceptional year for commenting or you guys are getting worse at commenting. Either way, please leave comments in the future, they are like drugs for me!

No comments: