Monday, March 12, 2007

First Place Baby Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh

Yeah so on Sunday, I got up to go to the St. Patrick's day dash and for the first time ever, I finished first in my family. I still didn't beat my record of 31 minutes (the race is 3.4 miles). That was the year of soccer tryouts and all the running. This year I went in completely cold. Bad idea; I wound up with a time of 38 minutes and some injuries. I did manage to run the whole first mile in 8 minutes though, but then my knees hurt, so I had to jog/walk the rest. Also, we were going south and the wind was going north, bringing rain. The rain + cotton shirt + cold + nipples = chafing. Also some of the stuff I am sure Orion was thinking about. You pervert, you. So afterwards, we ate at Pyramid across from the finish line where we always eat. That was good food. Then I came home and asked for the CIDs from Sai and then had to immediately go back out to my cousin's house for his birthday party. We played Gears of War and he helped clarify two things. Turns out when you see the skull and gear logo somewhere, that means a COG tag is nearby. I came home later and did the rest of my homework and stuff. Today at school, nothing happened at all really. I did bad on the chemistry test. Also I got 37/50 on the DBQ. I had forgotten that I had not had time for a 3rd paragraph due to hand cramps and lack of healing time during the session. If I had kept up the trend, I would have gotten 42/50 or somewhere close to that. I knew it was a somewhat good essay for what I actually managed to get in. After school, I made a new record for my longest solo drive, to Lynnwood to get Guild Wars from Best Buy. Now it is installed so when Steven gets on, its time to pwn.

3 comments:

zack0217 said...

I KNEW those symbols meant something.

david, your link to Keir's blog is not working for me

David said...

brittlebrit187 (3:56:16 PM): it turned into a geometric black hole

David said...

*EDIT*

turns out Kathryn beat me in the dash by 45 seconds. next year i will run some times before running instead of going in cold.